Friday, September 18, 2009

A Picture is worth a thousand words....

I have always been fascinated by the photo albums that my mom put together for us in her later years. She created several books full of old and more recent photos and other memorabilia like greeting cards and postcards. Looking at mom's albums can make me happy or sad, bring to the surface all sorts of emotions. Lately though, I have had a desire to learn more about the people in those old pictures. What connection do they have to me? Will my young grandchildren have any idea of their ancestors when they are older? Something tangible to touch and feel has great appeal to people of all generations. Have you seen some of the photo quilts being made lately?


I am so excited about all of the possibilities available for quilting with photos. Fabric and photos go together like peas and carrots! OK, well, if you don't like peas and carrots, how about peanut butter and jelly? Anyway, below are a few examples of photo quilts. Pictured is a family tree quilt that was designed by my husband and made by Judy Martinez.


I would be happy to discuss project ideas with you! Contact me at sara@byfaithalone.com

No comments: